Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Long Time No Post

So here I am again, your aging but still spectacular college correspondent.

The news today? Big snooze, painting crit, rewind.

I had a painting (group) crit I almost didn't make today. But, I made it there in about a half hours time of when I got out of bed (the crit was at 1:30 p.m. so, no kudos for me.)

I'm working on about 2.5 paintings right now. How could it be 2.5? Well, I put one aside totally for now (that's a painting based on another old photograph. . .included here at the last moment for your viewing pleasure.)



Next up, is the current self-portrait I'm working on:



Then, I've got this massive 'hand' painting I'm working on:




This one got a big negatory in the group crit today. But, that's O.K. I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this right now. I've got this problems with my hands and pain right now so I'm painting about that.

I'm also going to start a new painting about a position I find myself frequenting as of late (in bed) the famed fetal position. I don't know how you sleep, but I always find myself curled (blissfully) in this position in bed.

I seem to have more and more annoying (and slightly frightening) physical issues coming up as of late and I think they're going to be popping up more and more in my painting. This is just another way to 'deal' with them.

I pray, I talk, I live, I paint, I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment