Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wooppeee! Work in Progress

Here are two paintings I'm working on. One may look like it's finished, but it isn't. I'm having trouble getting more depth into the painting so I'll be working on it for a while yet.

Here's an early version of this painting of me and my Mom on a boat when I was about four years-old.



And, here's the latest version. I'm having a hard time getting more depth into the skin tones (and actually the rest of the painting too.) So, this is where I get to learn by doing. Isn't that how it's all done? Duh!



The third painting I'm working on is from a shot of me playing the piano and singing back in the 1980s. I'm going to call it "Torch Singer."



So, that's it for now. More will be posted as I complete works.

I haven't actually been to the studio much. I'm working mostly from home. Thank God I have a studio at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment