Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm up! Don't ask me why.

At almost 7:30 in the morning (a Sunday morning) I am wide awake and my back is already killing me.

Oh well, I imagine I will find something to do to take my mind off that (since my BFA show is in about a month and I need to make more paintings to fill those gallery walls.)

I just love painting.

Right now, I'm working on a self-portrait from 1989. Back then, I was a svelte, tan, long-haired babe. And, I looked so fabo in my strapless silk dress and big, gaudy rhinestone earrings. What a great time in my life this was. I felt good and I looked good too! A winning combo for sure.

George and I were in Orlando, Florida, at the time this painting will reference, attending a convention. I remember going to the convention and then hanging around for an extra week to visit Universal and Sea World.

I'd have to get in shape now to do all that walking . . .

I'm glad I have an appreciation for that now that I'm slowly decomposing (while I compose on the canvas.)

O.K., enough complaining about my cranky body and off to the paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment