Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Problems with Oxygen

So, I've got this oxygen tank in my bedroom now and apparently I still haven't figured out how to properly use it. How do I know this? Well, if I have the thing hooked up properly before I go to sleep at night I awake in the morning feeling refreshed, and, if I don't have it hooked up properly then I don't wake up in the morning, I end up waking up in the afternoon, feeling half-dead, which makes my day all screwed up according to the chronological clock by which the rest of the world works.

So, today I did the latter which is why I'm typing this blog at 5:15 p.m. (after just having had my morning cereal and tea.)

I've got exactly 7 weeks until my senior show at Alfred University. I'm not freaking out though. It seems as though my health problems have come as a sort of blessing (no surprise there) that takes my mind off my first exhibition and makes it seem unimportant in the greater schemes of survival.

Not that I'm not putting my full effort into my show, it's just that I've learned to trust that all will be O.K., just as it always has turned out to be.

Case in point: I submitted my senior show application without a partner and got my own PRIVATE (or semi-private) exhibition space! I don't know of anyone else who has a space to themselves. . . well maybe one other person.

My plans are to complete three more 16 by 20 self-portraits and then one larger one of me standing, clad in my graduation day outfit that overlooks the whole exhibition.

And yes, I know what I am wearing to graduation and my senior show.

Today's task is to get to the market and pick up a few things, come home and paint and pack up some stuff to take to the studio tomorrow.

Think I can do it? Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment