Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Bad Day in Art School Is Still Better Than a Good Day in the Cubicle!

I got to the studio around 1:30 p.m. and started to work on my latest self-portrait; a pic of me from back in 1963, when I made my first communion.

My dad, bless his heart, is not the best of photographers. And, true to form, my eyes are half closed in the original picture.

On top of that, being that it was an old black and white photo, it's all scratched and dented, so to speak. But, I was able to transform it into a living-color-self-portrait and it kind of freaked me out.

Why? Well, because it felt the closest to conveying a feeling that any of my other work has.

And, I'm sorry to leave you all (who ever you are) in suspense, but I forgot to bring my camera with me to the studio today so you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see a picture.

And, that's just as well, since I need to add some finishing touches tomorrow anyway.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment