Monday, November 16, 2009

Haven't been here in a while. . . .

. . .I've been here.

So, today wasn't a particularly good day. I brought in a fresh canvas and some great Arches paper to start another work on. I even got to my morning class, (and brought a sandwich for lunch so I'd hang out and paint) then, went to the studio and began working from a photo I had brought in, but my hands just hurt so much that I put the stuff down. How depressing.

Then I stopped into Hope Zaccagni's office (she's a wonderful painter and our resident tech person-she makes sure we have solvent, rags and a host of other supplies) to talk for a bit. I was tearful. She was encouraging, telling me I could get a wrist brace and maybe attach a brush to it so I could paint.

She suggested I take a walk down to the pharmacy and see what they had that might help me.

I decided that first I'd eat the sandwich I brought. So, I polished that off and then walked down to the pharmacy.

They only had left-hand braces so I got and in my car and decided to ride to Hornell to the Wal-Mart to see if they had any right hand braces.

Then suddenly, I was blessed with nausea. How wonderful.

When I got to the Wal-Mart parking lot I made a few calls from my cell phone (because I just needed human contact) and got my friend Marian in CT. We talked for a few minutes. I was tearful again and decided I wasn't going to go into Wal-Mart but instead I would head home and go back to bed because I was exhausted.

So, at approximately 2 p.m. I changed out of my day clothes and put on my P.J.s and headed to bed.

Tomorrow, thankfully, is another day. And, I hope my hands feel better.

I keep on telling myself, "I can do this with the help of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment