Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday morning-Dos Gatos

It's a quiet Sunday morning here in Almond, N.Y. I've been up since a little bit before 5 a.m. and thought I'd make some constructive use of 'insomniac time' to look up some info about residencies and study some stuff for my research paper-presentation due the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I have luxury annoyances this morning. My scanner-printer-copier isn't behaving and I had to reload the software last night and fiddle with it some other ways this morning. So, I'm not getting done as much as I would like to.

I made a nuisance of myself over the last couple of days, calling up old friends to talk. I still don't feel like this place is my home, and yet, I feel a debt of gratitude to George for moving up here and giving me a place to live.

But, it's just so NOT the center of the art universe (or the general universe for that matter.)

And what are today's plans, you might ask?

To extricate myself from my bathrobe and P.J.s, get dressed (and somewhere in there take a shower for the consideration of all those around me) and make my way over the library to see if I can find some of the journal articles I located but was unable to get the full text of on line.

Then, it's off to the painting studio. I'm working on two paintings at this time and have an idea for a third one.

If I want to get any kind of residencies, grants, or even move on to Grad school I've GOT to have a more extensive portfolio than what I have now.

work, work, work, learn, learn, learn, earn, earn, earn!

No comments:

Post a Comment