Monday, November 9, 2009

Posting, posting

My exciting life encapsulated for you, my faithful readers: I slept late, then went to the painting studio.

Now, I am home.

How exciting is that?

Well, really, more than that happened. I put more work on my third self-portrait (could this be a trend?) based on a 1993 head shot. Man, did I ever wear a lot of makeup back then!

It's one of those 'forest for the trees' moments. I guess I was so close to my own face that I never realized I was putting on my make up with a trowel. Man!

Here's the pic so you can get a laugh:


My exciting life encapsulated for you, my faithful readers: I slept late, then went to the painting studio.

I actually sent this photo to my niece in Oregon. Can you imagine? I look like a typical Lawngeyeland Yenta. Oh well, not to disparage any ethnic group. . . . PC all the way!

I forgot to bring my camera with me to the studio today so I don't have any pictures in progress on this one. I'll bring it tomorrow and update you then.

I'm giving the painting studio at least another full day this week. Then, I have to make my way to the foundry to get waxes ready so I'll have something for the final crit.

My plans are to four more bells. Two will be larger than what I've made so far and they'll be a sort of memorial to my grandparents that came over 'on the boat' from Italy. Hmmmm, I think I need to do more research on this one.

Well, it's off to bed with me. I have class early tomorrow (11:20 is early?)

I really need to get there today since I missed class this morning (a painful and ugly stomach part of my day today-but that's over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment