Thursday, November 19, 2009

New Day

Every day is a new chance to live the life I have always dreamed of, that of living as an artist.

So, yesterday was a rough day. All I had to do was get through that twenty-fours hours and arrive at this new day that has been wonderful.

Why so wonderful?

Well, I slept until about 10 a.m. then, I got up and George had made me a wonderful French toast breakfast!

Then, he followed me to campus and carried a four by five foot stretcher (frame) up to my studio. I carried the canvas, (that I had bought last year and never stretched) and got a fellow student to stretch the canvas for me. After stretching I got a couple of coats of gesso on the canvas so I could get ready to start a painting next week (wait? isn't that Thanksgiving break week?)

Besides prepping a canvas I also put some work on another in the self-portrait series.

Here's the results of today's work:



When I got home tonight from the studio there was a another fabulous meal by George made from the left overs of last night's roast chicken dinner; shepard's pie made with the left over chicken-yum!

If I don't watch it I'm going to end up being a B-L-I-M-P!

No comments:

Post a Comment