Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A New Day

Today, thankfully, was much better than yesterday despite the fact that I woke up in the same cranky body.

I snuggled in bed with my two boys, Beezer and Tai-tai until about 9:30 then I got up, dressed, had breakfast and headed off to school.

One of the students did a presentation on Japanese Butoh dancing. I thought it was pretty interesting. . . . then I made my way to my studio, determined to get a painting at least started today.

I looked around my studio and decided I wanted a couple of more canvases to paint on. That, apparently was a good decision. The 24" by 36" format just doesn't seem to work too well for me.

So, I made my way up to the book store and bought one 16" by 20" and one 22" by 30", and a disposable paint mixing pallette (because scraping down the glass pallette in my studio would definately kill my already sore hands.)

I had a close up shot I had taken last summer of some radishes given to me by the farmer behind my house.

And, here's what I worked up today:



To the left of the vegetal thing is the third self-portrait I've been working one. I ended up covering over the left eye because it just wasn't right and then I just got sick of the whole thing.

So, I decided to go all 'vegetal' again.

Here's a closer shot of just the painting:



And, here are some things I left at the foundry. These are clappers for bells and one new bell I'm working on.

I just decided I've got to finish up what's there. I just can't work there anymore. Everytime I leave there I'm in agony for days. The details on the wax work, the grinding, everything just aggravates my tendonitis and whatever else is going on with my wrists.



So, it's back to painting, my first love.

Tomorrow night I'll be back to the Tlingits, my favorite North West native culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment