Friday, August 28, 2009

Garlic Braids and Studio Aids

This is another day where I slept too late (this is getting to be a habit) and didn't get nearly enough work done on the drawing due this coming Wednesday afternoon.

But, I decided that since I ranted on and on about this 'fabulous' studio space I won in the school lottery that I should at least post a picture. So, here it is, my coveted studio space.



O.K., so from the picture it doesn't look like much but it is in a corner and it has great light.

If you look at the top of my easle you will see this year's mascot, Al Fred the Alligator (or is it Cole's Crocodile?) At any rate, my nephew Cole gave me this stuffed animal the last time I was down to visit so I put it there in my studio to remind me of his love.

Here's a better picture of Al Fred sitting on top of my easel and looking out the window of my studio.



Before I went to the studio this afternoon, I stopped over at Quest Farm Produce (it's right behind my house so it's not like it's a hike) and got my mother this beautiful garlic braid (that I'm going to mail her on Monday for her birthday) and got myself some Opal Basil.



I'm going to stop by again tomorrow and pick up some more different types of basil and hang them in front of the kitchen window to dry. I can't stand the moldy smell from the basement any more so I figured this was a nice way to add a wonderful fragrance to the house and have some dried herbs for winter cooking.

If you've never seen Opal Basil, here is what it looks like.



Isn't it just beautiful?

The great folks that own Quest Farm Produce grow all of this organic stuff and they are truly, as the saying goes, 'the salt of the earth.'

I feel so blessed to have them as neighbors.

I've got to get my butt to bed because it's more studio time for me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful space to create some beaitufl work this semester!. Good luck(-:

    ReplyDelete