Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hallelujah! Executive Studio Space for the senior-senior!

Wow, what a day today has been!

I've been rumbling about the 'special' studio space I wanted, you know, the one in the corner with the windows. Several days ago, I even went and posted tape on the floor with my name on it (never thinking that I'd actually get such a prime space.) And, vwalah! My name was picked #2 in the lottery among thirty-seven painting seniors to select my space and, don't you know I just hot footed it right to the corner window spot!

Thank you, thank you, thank you is all I can say.

For those who have survived the corporate culture, a window spot is the mark of one who had 'arrived' having ascended the corporate ladder to the heights of executive heaven. I had felt this way today on an equal student par.

Needless to say, some of my twenty-something classmates weren't too happy with their 'accomodations.' But then, I never wish them any ill. I like to think that I 'manifested' my studio space by putting tape with my name on the floor.

My only class today after studio was my 'Arts of Transformation' class. This is a discussion group with about five people.

I had readings to do last night for the class and came up with a few lame (at least I thought they were lame) discussion questions just before class. The other students didn't seem nearly as animated as I was, but then they hadn't just gotten their coveted studio spaces.

Following this was the annual 'all school' meeting. I figured I should attend since I'm a senior now (O.K., maybe I should get over that) and this will be the last (hopefully) 'all school' meeting that I will attend.

Of course, I arrived fashionably late and in the middle of a youtube video about water ants?

So, remember, after all, this is art school and the Dean can pick whatever he wants to present and tie it into whatever theme he wants.

Since I was late (bad, bad student) I am assuming that the theme had something to do with sustainable art.

For the general non-art public, the current type of art that is 'PC' (Politically Correct) is sustainable art. The rest of us are truly just productive polluters whose art will become the flotsam and jetsam of the future. That is, unless we become famous then that's another entirely different story.

I ended my day with a rousing shopping trip to Walmart (one of the few places up here to shop) and then dinner with the man.

Oh, and I need to make molds for my class in the foundry so I took out some air dry clay that I've been toting around for ages and made a bell over a glass form.

It's a snake bell. Now, I've got to figure out how to add the hook for the top.



Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Since it seems that your brother bought the painting I want...can I buy this bell? I want original LuAnn art in my home...besides the BE-autiful clouds on the bedroom wall, which, by the way, were a huge hit with our last French exchange student who is A) an artist B) studing design & C) A very knowledgable art student (I gave her a test at MOMA---she passed with flying colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM reading your blog! You have to contact other bloggers you know and ask them to give your a "plug" on their blogs, then other people will look in and you won't feel like your speaking to empty cyberspace!
    That's how I find other interesting sites
    xo You're the greatest!(-:

    ReplyDelete