Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

O.K., so that's my own bit of shameless promotion.

Yes, today I am officially (well not actually officially until about 12:45 p.m.) fifty five years-old! OMG, now there, I've said it.

I'm sitting right now, in my favorite red bathrobe, between my two cats, (Beezer and Tai-tai) in the blessed silence of a birthday morning.

And, it is good to be 55, or whatever ever age I get to be.

Today I plan on getting some reading and writing done for art history, and a bit of studio time at the foundry (dipping, dipping) then off to painting studio, my happy place.

Tonight George is taking me out to dinner at a Chinese-Japanese place in Hornell called, "Rainbow Heaven."

Oh, I've got a couple of pics I took at the studio yesterday, works in progress.



The one above is from an old 4X6 photo of Dad and me shortly after I was born. The picture was taken on Pemberwick Road, looks like it was taken in front of the old shoemaker's shop.

This other picture is of my 'studio mate' Madeline with one of her unfinished paintings.



Oh, and we couldn't leave out the boys . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment