Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Return To(from) 3-D

It's been a rollicking few days and I feel as if I've returned from the flat-land to the mountains.

To sum it all up: I went temporarily crazy thanks to a physician who felt it was in my best interests to change chemical horses in mid-stream.

For those of you not acquainted with 'better living through chemistry' I'm a one of the many people who will actually admit that I take an anti-depressant and have for years. Like many situations in my life, I can finally admit the booger in my nose that's been irritating me for years.

So there! I've gotten that off my chest.

Now that I'm back on the beam, I'll post a couple of pictures of what I've been up to.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of looking at my tits on canvas (if you've been following this blog you know that I did a nude portrait, just my torso) and would like to be done with that so I can move one. But, there's only one glitch right now. Some genius in maintenance decided it was time to repair the steam (heating) valves in the painting studio. So, I've had to rearrange my space so they can get to the heating unit that just happens to be in my studio space.

That's O.K., because actually, it couldn't have happened at a better time. This gives me a chance to work at the foundry more on wax models for my jewelry and to do some more research for my art history project.

Everything is working out according to plan. Of course, it's not my plan, but then why should I complain?

The next two pics you will see are the one self-portrait (based on my 1973 high school picture) and a bronze pendant I am still working on.



No comments:

Post a Comment