Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hello World, for the 55th Consecutive Year!

And here I am, flush with pride at having dodged the bullet long enough to celebrate my 55th year since alighting to the planet.

That's just a fancy way of saying happy birthday to me, again!

My day started in my beloved, soft bed, surrounded by my two little fur boys! Ah, the joys of sleeping (something which I once disdained as only for 'dead people')

How life does change, eh?

So, upon alighting from my queenly bed (ahem) I promptly fed the fur boys (who were more than happy to exit the comforter) and hung around waiting for George to wake up because he promised to make me a big breakfast the night before.

Another one of my life's passions is FOOD!

He made a wonderful scrambled egg and toast breakfast-thoroughly enjoyable-and then I proceeded to fritter away the day in my favorite red bathrobe and flannel PJs.

A person would think I had nothing on my agenda!

Oh, I forgot to mention, while I was laying in bed this morning (before 8 a.m.) I heard all kinds of sirens and fire horns going off. Apparently one third of downtown Alfred went on fire this morning un-housing about a dozen AU students and destroying a couple of businesses.

Fortunately, no one was hurt. But, a couple of businesses went up in flames.

There was news coverage from both the Buffalo and Rochester stations. The building that went up on the small block downtown were probably well over a hundred years old.

Here's the news link from the Hornell Evening Tribune:

The one business loss that was most deeply mourned by the students (apparently) was Alfred's only liquor store. I'm sure the alcohol helped the fire just a tad.

Anyway, back to my b-day news.

What did I accomplish today?

Not much.

My called me this morning and did their birthday song into my voice mail. This is the perfect start to ANY birthday for me! They always sing together in harmony-which is such a kick and my most favorite birthday present (honestly, no money or card could ever replace this) and then I got FB b-day wishes from my niece, little sister and another VM from my little bro Larry and then lot of FB wishes from friends near and far!

Oh, and yes, I got the birthday card from my parents. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Then, I basically frittered the day away until George took me out for a good Chinese food dinner.

To top off my evening, Franner called from CT to wish me a HB.

Now, how could I possibly top that?

Thanks and love to all (both near and far) that made this a wonderful fifty-fifth B-Day!

I am truly blessed.

Now, Beezer and Tai-tai, let's go off to bed . . . zzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment