Friday, October 23, 2009

Last train to Waxville

So, I just got back from the foundry.

I am continuing my wax insanity and realized tonight that I simply have too many wax bells to cast next Wednesday. So, I have to limit myself to just six more, because besides the wax bells I have small items (the ones I put in last night's posting) and I really don't want to lose my sanity again in the same semester.

I worked for about six hours today on my second version of the 1973 self-portrait. I thought I had gotten the face just right when I took a good last look and realized my nose was too long! Sh(*$!

So, tomorrow one of the things I'll be doing is shortening my face, getting another canvas ready for the next painting, running to Walmart (my favorite and almost only place to shop) for one of my favorite staples; cat litter.

After that thrilling trip it'll be back to the foundry to assemble stuff so I can start dipping it in the lovely green-yellow-phosphorescent slurry and get it ready to cast next Wednesday evening.

I didn't take any pics today of my work. That will have to wait until tomorrow.

G'night world.

No comments:

Post a Comment