Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hello Mom & Dad

I am sending this post out to my Mom and Dad who SHOULD be able to get onto my blog now that I have sent them the link.

There are lots of pictures posted on this blog if you just click on the various dates in the right column. O.K.?

My day started early today, at 7 a.m. I had to get to school for a painting crit at 9 a.m. The crit went well. My professor liked my current self-portrait (that's posted on the previous page to this.) The one before that one was based on my 1973 high school portrait, and I really didn't like the way it came out so I uh, sort of, covered it over with the explanation that we really 'don't know who we are' in high school. I still believe that's true, but I really just didn't like the painting.

Anway, I'll be doing that self portrait over.

So, here's my day in a nut shell (very fitting for me):

1. up at 7 a.m.
2. sitting at painting crit at 9 a.m. (I left and they still hadn't gotten through everyone)
3. off to art history class
4. over to library to return an over due book (bad student) and pick up another I needed
5. back to painting studio to pick up coat and find out what the CAAP test that was mentioned in an e mail was all about
6. found out the CAAP test is some kind of test that measures the school's teaching standards (doesn't effect GPA)
7. left painting studio and went home for lunch (huge salad with all kind of stuff in it and a few hand fulls of Chex Mix)
8. went to foundry where I worked on wax bells until foundry meeting at 5 p.m.
9. Meeting lasted until 5:45
10. Went to library to pick up a couple of books for research
11. went home for a delicious chicken, strings beans and garlic mashed potatoes dinner (courtesy of George)
12. ran back out to the ATM to get money for tomorrow
13. here I am at the PC
. . .right now I should be reading my research books but. . . .I am not. . .oh well, it's time for me to send a groveling e mail to my foundry professor to see if I can get her to have an additional metal pour on this coming Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment