Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Help! I'm trapped in a 54 year-old body!

So, today was a typical college day.

1. I slept too late and barely made it to class on time.
2. The class was boring and featured several African masquerade videos (same dance different, dust) I've seen before.
3. I had my first group crit today (about ten students in one shot had their art work up on the wall of shame) and it was too long and painful.
4. I ended up the day discussing sex, men and the futile pursuit of same with my fellow students (who are at least thirty years younger than me.) The more things change, the more they remain the same.
5. I realized, painfully, once again, that I am trapped in a fifty-four year-old body.
6. I still feel terribly sexy, even if I am starting to have a little belly and a wrinkle (or two.)
7. Yes, the beginning of my self-portrait (based on a 1973 high school picture) looks eerily like Michael Jackson (post surgeries.)
8. I think I like making bulleted lists. It looks like I've actually accomplished something with my day.
9. I haven't yet begun putting together my presentation for Art History on Senufo masquerades (due the week after next.)
10. I don't care that I haven't yet begun to put my presentation together.

10, count 'em, 10, the big TEN list from today, September 9, 2009, also the day that the Beatles remasters and (gag) digital game are being issued.

Ah, I remember when the white album was released. The album, later known as the white album originally wasn't just white.

My dad had the music store (1968?) in Stamford, CT and the album cover had John and Yoko on it. . . naked!

Perish the thought of their naked bodies adorning the cover of an album.

The album cover had a paper bag colored sleeve over it to hide their shame!

Did this actually happen, or am I reinventing history?

I don't know.

I kinda like my version though.

That's it!

I'm painting my nude body all over my senior show. GAWD4BIDIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment