Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Little Bump In The Road

I haven't posted for a night or two because I've been trying to be sensible about my self-maintenance and get to bed at a decent hour so I don't feel so wiped out in the morning.

So, it's 2:35 a.m. (Thursday morning) as I post this. Obviously, sleep hasn't come to me tonight (this morning.)

I wasn't intending to write anything about today (yesterday, actually.)

Once again, my dear old friend insomnia has given me the options of lying in bed trying to fall asleep, lying in bed watching passive, vacuous T.V., or killing some time (before sleep actually comes) by posting on here.

Once again, it's only two weeks into the semester and I'm already feeling fried. Could this be because I am a raging insomniac? Or, could it be the pain in my hands, feet or neck? I'm sorry to complain but, you know, I'm human (nah, really?) and sometimes I get tired of being in pain.

So there, I've let some of the chronic health issues of a fifty-something woman out of the bag. It was bound to happen.

Right now I'm dealing with neck pain, classified by my primary care physician as "a little arthritis" (that I've been complaining about since the Summer before this past one) and I have trigger fingers in my right and left hands, tendinitis in both thumbs and I swear that something is going on with my wrists too because sometimes I get these sharp, stinging pains. . .ouch!

Now, considering that I began this whole academic journey at the tender age of fifty-one years-old, and even then was not the healthiest living human example on the block (or actually, field where I'm living NOW) I've done amazingly well.

The matter at hand (no pun intended) is that my hands have become a literal pain and this is not good for an artist whose hands are their tools.

But, I'll work my way around this some way.

Right now I'm in progress with a drawing that is driving me crazy. I can't seem to find a resolution for it. Perhaps I'll load some more images on to my thumb drive tonight to take to the studio with me tomorrow. And, I think I'm going to start another painting (this one in oils) just so I can get some space from the drawing.

More will be revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment