Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Am Toast

Yes folks, I almost spontaneously combusted today.

I totally forgot that in order to maintain my sanity I must stay in the NOW (interestingly, also the title of the Eckhart Tolle book I currently attempting to read.)

So, nothing happens by accident, trite as that may sound to you (or me.)

My day started at my physician's office, where spontaneous tears burst forth from my 100% waterproof mascaraed eyes. No runs. No drips. No errors.

Apparently I am not the spiritually ascended being that I thought I was, well at least not today. But then, even Jesus had bad days. Remember Gethesmane where he supposedly perspired in blood?

From the standpoint of sheer drama, it was a good thing that antiperspirants hadn't been invented yet.

I had not intended to weild my greatest emotional weapon (tears) at the doctor, it just turned out that way.

The poor man, even with all his medical training, he was not up to the task of 'dealing' with a slowly melting, middle-aged college student crumbling under the pressure of her senior-senior year in school. He would do ANYTHING, (medically neccessary of course) to close down the water works.

I left the office with a six-weeks supply of a new 'multi-tasking' antidepressant with a fancy sounding designer-drug name. And off I went back to the Foundry armed with the latest in high-tech pharmaceutical weapons.

I was supposed to be working on a short paper for art history (here we go again, bad-bad student.) That didn't happen. Instead I opted for some nice, calming bubble-bath therapy (yes, I can be my own physician at times.)

Tomorrow I promised myself that I'd make it to the painting studio (my first art-priority.)

My day has almost ended, but not without a few phone calls to family and dear friends back in my home state of CT (jeez, I only live five hours away, you would think I lived in Siberia.)

O.K., so now it's time for some 'nice' bedtime tea.

G'night Ladies and Germs.

No comments:

Post a Comment