Monday, September 7, 2009

Mind-numbing reading and WIP-still

O.K., so I didn't get the drawing, painting, whatever it is, done today.

I got up early, regurgitated (wrote) back to the professor some stuff I read for my art history class, ran off to class, went to the studio for a bit and worked on my art work, went up to the campus cafe (at 2 p.m.) and, had a 'sensible lunch' of soup and salad, (which was actually quite good) then, drove over to the foundry for my bi-weekly meeting with the sculpture (metal casting) professor, where I had to wait for an additional fifteen minutes out of my precious day, (because she was helping some juniors with their sand molds) then, drove back to the library where I had the pleasure of reading some mind-numbing book on African masking (which at first was MIA, so it took a while for the staff to find), and of course, while I was there waiting for the mind-numbing book on African masking, I took out three other books on art work so I could find some more ideas-examples for my painting studio. Did I just write that whole paragraph in one sentence? I think I did. . . .

I forgot my glasses today so it feels like my eyeballs are going to fall out after all that mind-numbing reading.

Now, I am home in my own little currently unused studio sitting between my two little 'fuzzy boys', Beezer and Tai-tai. I guess they've missed me being here all day. I know I certainly have.

Tomorrow, I'll probably have a similar routine without the trip to the foundry, where about fifteen wax bells sit waiting for my hands to transform them into some kind of metal work.

I, am a crazy woman! And, very tired.

BTW, I ran into the fellow student last night to whom I had dispensed my 'wisdom.' She actually thanked me for the advice.

Who woulda thunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment