Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wax On - Wax Off

I ended my day at my most favorite of places; the wax working room at the foundry.

I was a bit frustrated because I couldn't get my wax bell-bowl sprued up to be put in shell and cast. I got my bracelet, the double-sided bell, and, a pendant that I popped out tonight attached up. I'll be back at the good old wax pot tomorrow morning getting everything (hopefully) ready for a bronze pour on Friday morning.

I had three (count 'em) three painting crits today. I survived completely through the first two individual crits but ran out of gas about 2 p.m. during the group crit (those can last so long that they can be absolutely painful) and I just had to run home and make myself a nice, big salad and some corn muffins. Man, that was good!

Both of my painting crits were very meaningful for me today. I felt a lot of validation for what I'm pursuing in paint. I thought I'd be painting a lot of vegetal things this year but I've ended up, instead, painting some self portraits.

It's interesting to note physical, as well as emotional and spiritual changes over time.

There have been a couple of times when I'm walking along and suddenly I'll see a piece of gray hair hanging down in my periferal vision, and then I'll realize, it's me! I'm the gray-haired person in my life, and it's a shock. Has this ever happened to you?

I've posted various of the three painting in progress, and I'll continue to do that, and not let my head get ahead (pardon the pun) of me. Things work much better for me when I manage to stay where I am.

A wise woman once said that a woman should paint her toenails red and then look down at her feet to remind herself of where she is. And sometimes I need to take that advice and use it on myself.

The weather was beautiful up here again today, except for a little rain storm in the afternoon. I don't know why, (and I'm not complaining) but I just love when it rains and there's a patch of sun streaming through the clouds.

So, there it is, the banal and the sublime in one short little posting.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment