Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday. . . .WTF

It's Tuesday, September 29, 2010 and I am sitting in my (at home) studio with Tai-tai (my little black boy-cat) purring next to me in the chair. I wish I could feel as contented and secure as he does tonight.

Things are not always easy for a middle-aged woman in art school. First of all, I feel like I'm trudging through oatmeal a lot of the time. But, art work usually takes my mind off my quickly failing body and slowly unraveling mind.

What? Am I actually having a personal crises? WTF?

I got nothing accomplished today except for attending my art history class and dipping my wax positives in ceramic shell. I still need two more coats of the lovely icky, phosphorescent green coating, then two more coats of stucco. At that point they should be ready for the burn out furnace (where the wax gets burned out leaving a shell for the pouring of the molten metal.)

On Friday we do a metal pour. So bronze should be put into them then. At least that will get done this week.

And, after my last art history class of the week (tomorrow), I should get my little butt off to the painting studio.

I'll be starting the 'torn' series this week, or maybe the second installment of the 'interstices' series. Either way, those seem to be life defining terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment