Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Slump-Brownie Hangover?

I took the day off today because my body told me to. And, since I've become more acquainted with aging and illness (I hate to admit this because my spirit feels so young) I've learned to be a better listener.

I'm not admitting that I enjoy the set backs of aging but, to quote a well worn phrase, IT IS WHAT IT IS.

I spent most of the day in the horizontal position (on the couch and on the cell phone.)

I'm so grateful that my cell phone plan features unlimited week end minutes!

I'm also grateful that I have a list of pretty wonderful women (of all ages) who I can call.

I look at this day as a blessing in every way because my aging body made me put the brakes on my life for a day, and, my long-time partner, George puts little demands on my life so I'm able to do what I need to do for the day.

My heart feels large tonight. No matter what is going on with my body, life is truly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment